Tuesday 3 May 2011

The Torture Garden: Kumi II

Those lovely chaps at the Torture Garden - and they are lovely... and when I saw chaps I mean people, I'm not talking about those leather semi-trousers that cowboys wear. Start again.

Those lovely chaps at the Torture Garden decided to use one of my photographs of Kumi: The Human Explosion in a flyer, look up there up above there up up. Here's the original:

And while I'm on a roll here are some more shots from the same session:

All taken with a Canon 5D and, get this, a Pentax Takumar 55mm f/2.0, a tiny manual focus lens that I wrote about yonks ago. It's a lovely old lens, one of the few old Takumars that doesn't interfere with the 5D's mirror. There's an f/1.8 version that's apparently almost the same. They've both small and cute. I like small, cute things.